Thursday, September 14, 2006

FOs


Yes! Finally, some Finished Objects! This bag is from the Print-for-Free on the Ottobre site, but without the piping on the bottom (I couldn't figure out the piping as the piping piece was weirdly shorter than the base panel allowance). I got the fabric off the oh-so-addictive Fabric.com. I ended up gifting this bag and a necklace I made to Francis' teacher at his daycare -- she was amazing! Sadly, she has left the daycare for a similar job closer to home. She was truly a teacher, not a child-minder. We will both miss her dearly; I found her inspirational. Unfortunately I didn't think to get a picture of the necklace -- I used yummy vintage red beads.


I made these using a Print-for-Free pattern off of the Husqvarna site, and again using fabric from Fabric.com. I am planning on adding some bling-y beads to the crown as "jewels". However, Francis is not interested in being a king this year for Hallowe'en -- he wants to be a lion again. OK, easy enough (but why do I have a nagging feeling that he'll change his mind to something all together different days before when I don't have time to throw something together .... ?) So, I am planning to add this to his "tickle trunk" (dress-up box). I am very saddened that Francis is not interested at all in dressing up fantasy play -- this is the kind of play I like to encourage! (In contrast to anything involving a movie, or batteries, or violence). I am making him a pirate costume for Christmas, to go together with a (purchursed) sword and shield. Yes, I know, I know, I am getting him what I would have liked for Christmas as a child, instead of what HE really wants -- which is MORE Thomas trains and a roundhouse.

Not that Francis is without imagination -- you should see him play with his trains, with his doll, or pretend to cook! It's just that dressing up doesn't interest him for some reason. Here is a picture of him "baking".

No comments: