Sunday, December 10, 2006

Imagine!


Francis' imagination is exploding lately -- it is so interesting to watch him and see what he comes up with. In the photo above he is playing "barber" and is "cutting" Stella's hair. (Don't see the connection with the paper towel? Well, to be honest, neither do I, but hey, I've never been to a barber). He followed the hair cutting with the brushing of mine and Dan's hair ... with a vegetable brush. (A bit of a yuck factor there).

Today we played "trolls" (I was Mama Troll and he was Baby Troll) and we hid in a "cave" (a big pile of blankets) and ate "worms" (Legos) and then "swam to shore" (climbed the stairs). It is also a really useful parenting tool, because I sometimes get some insight into what may be troubling him (or making him happy), and we can work through things by pretending.

Yesterday he pretended we had a TV (a Rubbermaid tote lid) with a video player (a toy piano) and we sat and "watched TV". Luckily nothing good was on.

I really enjoy myself when I have a chance to escape into Francis' imagery world(s). Why can I not capture these moments forever? I tell myself, I must remember, but I know I won't.

No comments: