Friday, April 14, 2006

Home Alone


The above picture pretty much sums up the kids' relationship right now ...

Dan has taken Francis out for what will probably be the last day of backcountry skiing this season, and Stella and I are home alone. It feels so empty without them -- they drive me crazy with their male-ness (why is burping funny?) but when they are gone I am so lonely for them (and they only left this morning!). The jumble-y mess of toys cluttering the house look so forelorn (but alas not the jumble of dirty man-laundry -- that just looks messy).

I of course in my wisdom have decided to use my "free time" to read medical journal articles and internet postings about ACC (Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum) and totally freak myself out. Let's feel guilty about something that you cannot change -- how productive! I HAVE to learn to channel all this guilt and worry into something constructive, for Stella's sake if not my own (and the rest of the family).

No comments: