Thursday, April 13, 2006

Stella Bella


My new hobby is watching Stella sleep -- she is so beautiful! When she is in deep sleep and I kiss her head she arches her back and purrs like a new kitten. My other new hobby is worrying about her -- even though she has been cleared by the genetist (Dr. Bernier) and the neurologist (Dr. Haslam). The neurologist thinks that she might have dysgenesis instead of agenesis of the corpus callosum -- (part of a connection between the right and left hempishere instead of none). He wants to do a MRI at one year to confirm -- I am not sure how I feel about that. And I worry about my parenting -- am I parenting well? Either Francis or Stella is, almost by definition, not getting enough of my attention. Am I being respectful enough? Nuturing enough? They are truly my life's work, and I almost care TOO much, (like when you agonize over an exam and fail even though you studied like mad ...)

No comments: