Friday, May 12, 2006

Crafty Girl


Above is a photo of my latest project -- a jacket for my girlfriend's little girl, whose second birthday is coming up. I think that it will be too big for her, as it fits Francis! The pattern is from Ottobre Spring 2006. (
http://www.ottobredesign.com/en/). The pattern calls for felted wool, but I had fleece, and the pattern was simple, so I improvised. I think it turned out OK, what do you think? It still needs fasteners (I am thinking snaps instead of buttons ...)

Dan calls me The Queen of Unfinished Projects. Here is a list of my projects currently undergo and unfinished;

(1) Putting up 2 Ikea shelves
(2) Refinishing deck furniture (2/3rds of the way there? Project started Fall 05!)
(3) Birthday book for Francis (ah, oops? missed the deadline?)
(4) Knitting baby sweater for Stella from S&B vol. 1
(5) Sewing hallowe'en costume for Francis (starting early! he is going to be a king)
(6) Finishing cupboard handles in kitchen
(7) Complete silk-knotting new pearl necklace

... and there is probably more (much, much more) that I have forgotten ...

No comments: