Monday, June 05, 2006

Finished Object!




I (finally?) finished a project! This sunhat is for Francis -- the pattern is from Canadian Living, and the solarveil fabric is from Textile Outfitters. He has a similar hat made by FlapHappy, which I can't find here in Calgary, so I thought I'd sew one. (He needs ones for school, and one for home). He refuses to wear it, of course. I am gathering up courage to break out the embroidery unit for my machine to embroider his initials on it. (Another project in itself!)



I have also thrown in my hat to this month's the Sew! I Knit blog project, and am making a shirt for Francis. The fabric is from the oh-so-fun Stitches in Seattle, and the pattern is from the Summer 2005 issue of Ottobre (the magazine that makes me wish I was a way better seamstress!).


Man, there is something about having a baby that unleashes a fury of creativity!

No comments: