Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Tubes in My Ears and Bells on My Toes


What a great picture, no? Is my Boy not incredibly handsome? (It's taken just before he leans in and gives her a good swipe that sends her crying ... Ah, the ups and downs of sibling ...)

We (Stella, and I) have successfully completed her (first! and hopefully only) ear surgery. She had tubes put in her (again, infected) ears today, and it was truly heartwrenching when they took her away. She had to have an empty stomach, so trying to soothe her while refusing to nurse her was also difficult as she looked up at me with confusion, trust, and hurt. I continue marching onward on my dairy-free path, gently suggesting to Dan that perhaps he and Francis should both join me since Francis' eczema continues, as well as his cyclical bouts of diarrhea.

I continue fruitlessly on my quest to have a couple of hours to myself, kid-free, to do wild and crazy stuff like go to a yoga class, get my hair cut, or buy some new (much needed) underwear, by myself. Two hours a week? Is that too much to ask for? Is it really irresponsible?

No comments: