Wednesday, August 02, 2006

God of Small Things

Here are some things that give me pleasure:



The way small children enjoy their bodies (here Francis is picking raspberries in his birthday suit ... wearing his frog boots)



Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Here we have The Machine in all it's glory in the corner of the kitchen that is the Coffee Shrine).



Baby cheeks. Baby chub. Baby dimples. So delicious!



Children's smiles (when do we become so self-conscious of smiling?)



Ice cream ... mmmmmm. Even soy ice-cream, on a hot summer day. Fat and sugar -- it's a Good Thing.



The way Dan plays with the kids. This gentle side to him warms my heart.


My House. Mine! My nest, my refuge, my MarthaStewardLiving ongoing experiment.

Oh, there's more .... Francis dancing. Driving fast. Really really good french fries. It is the accumulation of all this small things that make a life, no?

No comments: